Statement of Corporate Principles
In order to achieve the aforementioned goals, Daishowa-Marubeni International Ltd. is committed to practicing the following six corporate principles:
1. Conduct Fair and Open Business Activities
- Obey the law and be guided by fairness in business dealings.
- Resolutely oppose and avoid any illegal or improper business relationships and practices.
- Observe the principles of free competition in all our business decisions.
- Maintain sound relationships with government officials at all levels and in all regions.
2. Develop a Globally Connected Company
- Respect and capitalize on the cultural diversity of our company and seek to enhance local regional prosperity through DMI’s international business activities.
- Contribute to regional economic goals by fostering local associations that think globally and adopt international management ideals.
3. Create Value by Following New Business Visions
- Be responsive to market and industry forces, but also take the initiative to create change in the markets by providing new products and services.
- Eliminate outdated ideas and company structures that prevent progress; create new possibilities.
4. Respect and Encourage Individuality and Originality
- Respect the individuality of each person and create a work environment in which original thinking can flourish.
- Encourage individuals to set goals that require self administration or independent, creative action.
5. Promote Good Corporate Behaviour
- Maintain a high level of management transparency and openness in the sharing of corporate relations information with shareholders and our various stakeholders.
- Consider proposals from shareholders and stakeholders on improved management accountability.
6. Safeguard Environmental and Other Qualities of Life
- Recognize our global responsibility to be a forest products company that operates in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner, taking care to preserve our natural resources for future generations.
- Recognize our global responsibility to be a good corporate citizen that engages in cultural, social and educational activities that are beneficial to society.